Superfine! Returns to the Capital
82 exhibiting artists and galleries from around the globe. Inspired, authentic new contemporary art. Thousands of eager future collectors. Superfine! DC 2019 was one for the books. 3,500 art-hungry Washingtonians passed through the doors of Dock 5 just days before one of our nation’s most historic elections, and hundreds of them took home brand new artwork (many for the first time!)
Washington DC exemplifies all that Superfine! embodies: a fresh, inclusive, and receptive art landscape where eager buyers collect and connect with artists. We’re thrilled to bring our unique and accessible approach back to Union Market’s Dock 5 in fall of 2019. Deeper partnerships with local institutions, collaborations with local art superstars and membership based organizations, expansion upon our already extensive digital and print marketing campaign, and a focus on under-represented artists including women, LGBTQ+ artists, and artists of color — all hallmarks of our 2020 DC program.
Let’s work together to build a strong, sustainable art market in Washington DC this fall.
Jump on our DC 2020 application waiting list.
Be the first to receive our applications when they are available.
Tell me more about...
+ the city
- Highest median income in the United States ($93,294/household, 4 of the top 5 income counties in the country are in the DC metro area.)
- Best educated city in the country, leads the nation in both bachelor’s degree holders (49.3%) and graduate degree holders (23%).
- Center of the US government + 177 foreign embassies = global reach.
- Highest buying power (income to cost of living ratio) of any city in the country: average individual disposable income of $58,000.
- $599,000 average home price in 2017, up 5% from same time previous year.
- Rapidly growing mass affluent ($100,000+/year) sector.
- Highest LGBT+ population (~10%) in the nation = dual incomes + greater disposable wealth / spent on art, design, luxury goods.
+ the venue
- Directly above Union Market with dedicated entrance
- 13,000+ square feet of exhibition space
- 2,000 square foot indoor/outdoor lounge + café
- 23’ high ceilings throughout = a grand, industrial ambience
- Well-known + well-trafficked event venue hosting numerous benefits, concert, galas, and DC “power weddings”
- Directly above/adjacent to Union Market, which draws more than 10,000 visitors over an average week.