Bringing an Active Art Market to the Capital
70 exhibiting galleries and artists from around the globe. Inspired, authentic new contemporary art. Thousands of eager future collectors. Superfine! DC opens this Halloween at Union Market's Dock 5, filling the role of the foremost art fair in one of the nation's most under-served, yet vital, art markets. With the highest median income ($93,294) and greatest disposable income of any U.S. metro area, combined with an educated (50% hold college degrees) and art-conscious populous, Washington DC is a natural next frontier for the fair that's broken the mold in Miami and New York.
Interested in expanding your collector base and opening up a new, exciting market for you or your artists? Learn more below, then apply to join us in Washington DC this fall for our greatest adventure yet.
Ready to apply?
Tell me more about...
+ the city
- Highest median income in the United States ($93,294/household, 4 of the top 5 income counties in the country are in the DC metro area.)
- Best educated city in the country, leads the nation in both bachelor’s degree holders (49.3%) and graduate degree holders (23%).
- Center of the US government + 177 foreign embassies = global reach.
- Highest buying power (income to cost of living ratio) of any city in the country: average individual disposable income of $58,000.
- $599,000 average home price in 2017, up 5% from same time previous year.
- Rapidly growing mass affluent ($100,000+/year) sector.
- Highest LGBT+ population (~10%) in the nation = dual incomes + greater disposable wealth / spent on art, design, luxury goods.
+ the venue
- Directly above Union Market with dedicated entrance
- 13,000+ square feet of exhibition space
- 2,000 square foot indoor/outdoor lounge + café
- 23’ high ceilings throughout = a grand, industrial ambience
- Well-known + well-trafficked event venue hosting numerous benefits, concert, galas, and DC “power weddings”
- Directly above/adjacent to Union Market, which draws more than 10,000 visitors over an average week.
Our DC Partners
Curated by Pittsburgh contemporary art stalwart BoxHeart Gallery, Heartlandia presents a curated section of 11 North American galleries hailing from regional art capitals of the future including Houston, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh. Themes and styles range from home-spun pop surrealism to folk contemporary and beyond.
An (a)typical photo-based time capsule focused on the global political climate, female empowerment, LGBTQ rights, and all of the alternative facts and foibles of the Trump era. This project comprises six booths within Superfine! DC and is a highlight of our outreach campaign in the politically-charged DC environment.
How about now?
A well-known, beloved destination:
1309 5th St NE, Washington, DC 20002
8PM-12AM | Masquerade Vernissage
THURSDAY 11.1: 12PM-11PM
FRIDAY 11.2: 12PM-11PM
SATURDAY 11.3: 12PM-11PM
SUNDAY 11.4: 12PM-8PM
Special Programs TBA Summer 2018