Bringing an Active Art Market to the Capital
77 exhibiting galleries and artists from around the globe. Inspired, authentic new contemporary art. Thousands of eager future collectors. Superfine! DC 2018 was one for the books. 4,000 art-hungry Washingtonians passed through the doors of Dock 5 just days before one of our nation’s most historic elections, and hundreds of them took home brand new artwork (many for the first time!)
Washington DC exemplifies all that Superfine! embodies: a fresh, inclusive, and receptive art landscape ripe for collector development. We’re thrilled to bring our unique and accessible approach back to Union Market’s Dock 5 in fall of 2019. Next year’s DC fair will bring with it deeper partnerships with local institutions and membership based organizations, expansion upon our already extensive digital and print marketing campaign, and a focus on under-represented artists including women, LGBTQ+ artists, and artists of color.
We look forward to working together as we continue to build a strong, sustainable art market in our nation’s capital.
DC 2018 is officially sold out. Sign up for our DC 2019 waitlist!
DC 2019 applications will be available in time for this years DC fair. Add your name below to be the first to receive applications.
Tell me more about...
+ the city
- Highest median income in the United States ($93,294/household, 4 of the top 5 income counties in the country are in the DC metro area.)
- Best educated city in the country, leads the nation in both bachelor’s degree holders (49.3%) and graduate degree holders (23%).
- Center of the US government + 177 foreign embassies = global reach.
- Highest buying power (income to cost of living ratio) of any city in the country: average individual disposable income of $58,000.
- $599,000 average home price in 2017, up 5% from same time previous year.
- Rapidly growing mass affluent ($100,000+/year) sector.
- Highest LGBT+ population (~10%) in the nation = dual incomes + greater disposable wealth / spent on art, design, luxury goods.
+ the venue
- Directly above Union Market with dedicated entrance
- 13,000+ square feet of exhibition space
- 2,000 square foot indoor/outdoor lounge + café
- 23’ high ceilings throughout = a grand, industrial ambience
- Well-known + well-trafficked event venue hosting numerous benefits, concert, galas, and DC “power weddings”
- Directly above/adjacent to Union Market, which draws more than 10,000 visitors over an average week.
Our DC Partners
Curated by Pittsburgh contemporary art stalwart BoxHeart Gallery, Heartlandia presents a curated section of 11 North American galleries hailing from regional art capitals of the future including Houston, New Orleans, and Pittsburgh. Themes and styles range from home-spun pop surrealism to folk contemporary and beyond.
An (a)typical photo-based time capsule focused on the global political climate, female empowerment, LGBTQ rights, and all of the alternative facts and foibles of the Trump era. This project comprises six booths within Superfine! DC and is a highlight of our outreach campaign in the politically-charged DC environment.